- 1280×800 HD display with polarizing filter and anti-glare technology for rich color and deep contrast from any viewing angle
- Exclusive Dolby audio and dual-driver stereo speakers for immersive, virtual surround sound
- World’s first tablet with dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi for 40% faster downloads and streaming (compared to iPad 3)
- High performance 1.2 Ghz dual-core processor with Imagination PowerVR 3D graphics core for fast and fluid performance
- Over 22 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, audiobooks, and popular apps and games such as Facebook, Netflix, Twitter, HBO GO,Pandora, and Angry Birds Space
- Integrated support for Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo! and more, as well as Exchange calendar, contacts, and email
- Free Skype video calls with front-facing HD camera
- Free unlimited cloud storage for all your Amazon content
- Includes special offers and sponsored screensavers.
- Kindle FreeTime – a personalized tablet experience just for kids. Set daily screen limits, and give access to appropriate content for each child. Free on every Kindle Fire HD. Coming next month
- Prime Instant Video – unlimited, instant streaming of thousands of popular movies and TV shows
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library – Kindle owners can choose from more than 180,000 books to borrow for free with no due dates, including over 100 current and former New York Times best sellers and all 7 Harry Potter books.
When it comes to HD displays, great resolution is just the start. Unlike other 7″ tablets, Kindle Fire HD delivers rich color and deep contrast from every angle, with an advanced polarizing filter and custom anti-glare technology.
High Definition Touchscreen Display
Rich, HD video. Beautiful, vivid photos. Crisp, detailed text. Kindle Fire HD features a new 1280×800 high definition LCD display that brings your content to life.
Reduced Screen Glare
Most tablet displays are made up of two pieces of glass – an LCD on the bottom and a touch sensor on the top, separated by an air gap. With an air gap, light reflects off of every surface as it passes through from the front, creating multiple distracting reflections that reduce display contrast. Kindle Fire HD solves this air gap problem by laminating the touch sensor and the LCD together into a single layer of glass, creating a display that’s easy to view, even in overhead light.
Richer Colors at Wider Angles
Like many tablets, Kindle Fire HD uses In-Plane Switching (IPS) to improve color reproduction. But displays that only use IPS still appear washed out at various angles, such as laid sideways when reading in bed, laid flat on a table, or held between you and a friend when sharing a movie. Kindle Fire HD addresses this issue by applying an advanced polarizing filter directly to the LCD panel. This results in a display that shows the same deep contrast and rich, detailed color when viewed at any angle.
Low quality sound can ruin your HD entertainment experience. That’s why Kindle Fire HD features exclusive, custom Dolby audio, dual-driver stereo speakers, and auto-optimization software for clear, crisp, balanced audio.
Booming Sound without Distortion
|Exclusive Dolby Audio
Kindle Fire HD uses the power of Dolby Digital Plus to create a world class audio experience, with or without headphones. Dolby Digital Plus includes technology used to adjust volume, create virtual surround sound, and deliver easier-to-understand dialogue in movies and TV shows. Kindle Fire HD is designed to automatically optimize the audio profile based on what you’re doing, such as watching a movie, listening to music, or talking on Skype. It even optimizes the audio differently when you have headphones plugged in, so you can just sit back and enjoy.
Dual-Driver Stereo Speakers
Big sound. Compact design. Kindle Fire HD features dual-driver stereo speakers on both sides of the display for a wide sound-field similar to that of a home stereo. And with this much power, we can push our speakers hard. The result – deeper bass in your music, loud, rumbling movie soundtracks, and room-filling stereo sound without distortion, even at higher volumes.
|Display||7″ 10 point capacitive touch high definition color display; 1280×800 resolution, video playback at 720p, with IPS (in-plane switching) technology, advanced polarizing filter, and anti-glare technology|
|Size||7.6″ x 5.4″ x 0.4″ (193 mm x 137 mm x 10.3 mm)|
|Weight||13.9 ounces (395 grams)|
|System Requirements||None. Kindle Fire HD is ready to use right out of the box – no setup, no software to install, no computer required to download content|
|Storage||16GB internal storage (approximately 12.6GB available for user content) or 32GB internal storage (approximately 26.9GB available for user content)|
|Battery Life||Over 11 hours of reading, surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music. Battery life will vary based on device settings, usage, and other factors such as web browsing and downloading content. Actual results may vary|
|Charge Time||Fully charges in under 4 hours via the Kindle PowerFast charging accessory, or slightly longer with other micro-USB power adapters that you may already have. Charges in approximately 13.5 hours from your computer via the included USB charging cable|
|Wi-Fi Connectivity||Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO) for faster streaming and fewer dropped connections than standard Wi-Fi. Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication; does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks|
|Ports||USB 2.0 (micro-B connector) port for connection to a PC or Macintosh computer or to connect to the Kindle PowerFast charging accessory. Micro-HDMI (micro-D connector) port for high definition video output to televisions or A/V receivers|
|Audio||3.5 mm stereo jack and integrated stereo speakers with exclusive Dolby audio engine|
|Content Formats Supported||Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, Audible Enhanced format (AAX), DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, PCM/WAVE, OGG, WAV, MP4, AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1, HE-AACv2, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, HTML5, CSS3, MP4, 3GP, VP8(.webm)|
|Sensors||Ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope|
|Location Services||Location-based services via Wi-Fi|
|Additional Features||External volume controls, front-facing HD camera, built-in microphone, built-in Bluetooth with support for A2DP compatible stereo headphones and speakers|
|Warranty and Service||1 year limited warranty and service included. Optional 2 year warranty available for U.S. customers sold separately.|
|Included in the Box||Kindle Fire HD tablet, USB 2.0 cable, and Quick Start Guide.|